Celebrate Recovery Mental Health Agreement
1. I will reaffirm daily that my identity comes from Jesus Christ and who He says I am. I will deny the lie that my identity is in my diagnosis.
“So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,” Galatians 3:26
2. I will submit to the will of God in my life, knowing that while I may not understand the reasons for why I have a mental health issue, God is in control and if I let Him work in my life He will do what is best for me in my circumstance.
“…know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 ESV
3. I will share my victories and my struggles with someone I trust on a consistent basis. In doing so I refuse to live in isolation from others.
“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.” Ecclesiastes 4:9 NLT
4. I will faithfully follow any treatment plans designed for me by my mental health practitioner. I will continue to take medications as prescribed. I will meet with my mental health practitioner on a regular basis to make sure the correct plan is in place.
”The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel.”
5. I will continue to work the Celebrate Recovery 12 Steps & 8 Principles having as an ultimate goal to be more and more like Jesus in everything I do.
”So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord–who is the Spirit–makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.” 2 Corinthians 3:18